Thursday, May 29, 2008

Our resident smarty pants



Today was the awards ceremony (as well as the last day of school) at Brianna and Arick's school. Only the 3rd through 5th grades participate which made Arick sad. I was supposed to be there but I was locked out of my car, so Andrew hurried over to support Bri and apparently she needed lots as she won LOTS of awards. Here is the list:

Principal's List for the entire year award (1 of 4 kids in her grade to receive it, must have straight A's for the entire year)
Top scores in Science
Top scores in Social Studies
Top scores in Math
Top scores in English
Geography Bee School Winner
Art Award
Music Award
PE Award
Top Accelerated Reader for 4th Grade
Top Accelerated Reader for the entire school with 341.8 points (70 points higher than second place)

At the end of the ceremony, Brianna resembled Mr. T with all those medals around her neck. She was beaming to say the least.

2 comments:

Dave said...

Awesome, my 10 year old niece is smarter than I am. Congrats smarty pants!

Maren said...

Brianna, that is awesome! Remind me to take you out for ice cream when I get there! :-D Congrats!