If you asked me a year ago how I was doing, I might have responded that I was doing fine or okay. Today, I might respond with the words wonderful,great or fabulous. Why the change in answers? Well,I have changed my attitude. I started counting my blessings and focusing on what I have, not what I am missing. And you know what? My life is pretty great. Everything isn't perfect and I still have my quirks and struggles, yet that isn't what I dwell on anymore. I love living with this attitude! I have never been happier. One of new my favorite sayings is, "Attitude determines your altitude." That is so true. I don't know why it took me so long to figure out how much my attitude can affect my life, but I am so grateful I finally did.
Disclaimer: Please don't confuse my new attitude as perky. Perky does not exist in my life, especially in the early hours of the morning.
(This picture of me was taken yesterday by a friend. I very much prefer being behind the camera but I figure one picture every few years won't hurt.)
5 comments:
Amy, I'm loving your attitude, I've always thought you were quite positive, and I've tried to duplicate that in my life. I've failed most of the time though. But its great to know that improvements are possible! :)
you are beautiful!
So very true. And you do look very beautiful - come out from behind the camera more often! :)
Love the post and encouraging words for all! You are looking great too!
Wow, I wasn't sure where to comment. Incredible photography, beautiful children, awesome food, not to mention, getting it all up and organized on the Web, very nice, and enjoyable. Very glad to get to meet you.
I decided to post right here because I just read this today, after looking at your blog and reading all your inspirational messages. I read this very quote, plus some, in Z.Ziglars's "Raising Positive Kids..." pg.99 Chapter 6 the Tridimensional child, reads, "Out of the soul of man flows his attitudes, and his attitudes, not his aptitude, will determine his altitude in life. In the final analysis, the depth of his spirit will determine the height of his success.
Thus my spirit concurs with you both, Amen!
Hope to see you agian,
Shannon
Post a Comment